Saturday, September 29, 2007

Chicken Saves the Day

We had just arrived home from a day of shopping and dinner out. Spence was happily playing in the kitchen, so I stepped out of the room to take a look at some of my purchases. I walked back into the kitchen, but Spence was not there. I turned, only to see him already up to the third stair. (Yes, we have a gate, but no, it was not up.) As soon as I started for him, he started falling back. I knew I couldn't get to him before his head would hit the tile floor at the bottom of the staircase. As I was moving toward him, I was expecting to hear a loud thud and then wailing cries, but there was no sound at all. I reached for him, and lifted him off of Coleman's stuffed chicken. Chicken had broken his fall! That ridiculous animal that Coleman carries all over the place and sleeps with every night had saved the day! Thank you, Chicken. No more jokes about making you into nuggets.

4 comments:

Sherrie said...

Thank God for who ever invented the stuff animal!!

Anonymous said...

We will now call it the angel chicken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

God works in mysterious ways!

When we fall

he is always there

to catch us.

He is watching watching watching!

His ways are not our ways.

Saint Chicken save us!
T-4

Jennifer said...

I thought I heard Brian say this morning that you had a blog, so I went searching today and found it. The boy stories are so funny. See you on Sunday!!