Tuesday, September 04, 2007

No Clever Title

This Labor Day weekend we went to several cookouts. Saturday we went to a barbecue at some friends' house. We made the mistake of telling Coleman the day before that we would be going to Mr. Jim's house and that he had a pool. Coleman had no clue who Mr. Jim was, but he asked every 2 minutes when we would be going. This family does not have any little boys, so we took some of Coleman and Spence's toys. The boys were more interested in the cat toys though! They dumped out the cat toys and were entertained the entire time we ate dinner. Strange, but nice that we got to enjoy the meal and they were happy.

This afternoon I was reading one of Coleman's library books, How Many Kisses Do You Want Tonight? After I was done I asked how many kisses he wanted. He said, "One, two, three, four, five." I asked him where he wanted them and he said, "On my head, my back, my nose, my leg, my check, and my nother cheek." Yes, that's six, but you can't kiss one cheek and not the "nother."

Later, Coleman started screaming and hit my foot because he didn't get his way. He was punished and then Brian told him to come apologize to me. He ran over and so sincerely said, "I'm sorry Mommy. I kiss your toe?" He wanted to kiss my toe because he thought he hurt it when he hit me. How can kids go from mean to sweet so quickly?

Here are some new pictures of the boys.

Coleman at "The Tractor Store" with Daddy

Spence playing with the parking garage

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such darling pictures....

To answer your question...because they are human and little boys and haven't learned the art of being sweet all the time...it's their way of saying what they can't verbalize.maybe...That's why God is happy when there is loving parents to guide them into sweet teenagers....tee hee..seriously...I am the same way...grouchy and grumpy one minutes and Miss Sunshine the next..maybe it's in his genes...
Love ya
Rita

Anonymous said...

ahhh these pictures just melt my heart. I can't believe how big Spence is getting! He's growing up!
I remember some days it felt like they'd be little munchkins for ever and then, kaboom!

Thanks for coming back to us and posting. ;)

Anonymous said...

I really love reading about the boys-brings back memories of Nate-and yes I think maybe we are all like that.Can't wait to see all of you-Mary