Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Put On Your Listening Ears!

And my God will meet all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19

Throughout this time of uncertainty with Brian's job search, I have never been overwhelmed by fear or anxious thoughts of the unknown. Praise God! I've known that God would take care of us, no matter what. Today Brian began doing contract work for a company. This company wants him to continue working for them even if he goes back to work for his former boss. I thank all of you who have been praying for us. It is so important to have friends and family who are lifting you up in prayer.

I'm doing a Bible study by Beth Moore about the Old Testament tabernacle. I had my concerns before starting, but my mom assured me this was her favorite Beth Moore study. I wanted to get back into a women's Bible study group, and I think I've picked a winner! Girls, if you've never done a Beth Moore study, let me just say that YOU MUST! It is a big commitment, but well worth it. She has a way of making things just come alive and bring out truths that seemed hidden before. She said something in the DVD that struck me as strange, and then true. She said, "You can never get to the bottom of God's word." What??? Oh.... I'm realizing that now. The deeper you dig, the more you find. And that leads you to something else, and something else, and, well, you get the picture. I'm praying that I leave this study changed. A lot of the reading is from Exodus. At least it's not Numbers! Actually, I'm enjoying it.

I'm also enjoying my boys these days! Coleman has a new word: muffy. No, I don't know what it means. I'm pretty sure it's an adjective, but tonight I tried using it as a noun. I think I confused him. He wouldn't tell me what he wanted for dinner so I asked, "Do you want chicken nuggets? Pizza rolls? Peanut butter? Turkey sandwich?" To which he replied, "No. No. No. No." So I said, "Do you want some muffy?" Sounding intrigued, he asked, "What's muffy?" I wanted him to tell me, but he wouldn't. He decided that he did want muffy for dinner. Great. Anyone got the recipe? I tried to convince him that muffy was chicken nuggets with ketchup (he usually eats them with Ranch - a.k.a. Daddy dippin' sauce). He wasn't buying it, but he eventually ate it.

Our family is trying to cut back on M&Ms, so I bought popsicles for dessert this week. Every evening Brian, Coleman, and I all pick our flavors and go sit on the driveway. We each take a bite of each others, and we all share with Spence. It's been fun, and swatting the mosquitoes away has been good exercise! I love Fall, when it's finally nice enough to eat a popsicle outside! Ha!

I do have to mention one other cute thing Coleman said this week. It's only hearsay, so I hope I get it right. Brian was reading Little Elephant's Listening Ears, a book Grandma gave Coleman, the other night before bed. Coleman is very familiar with this book since we've read it every day at nap and bedtime since we've been back from Iowa (that's roughly 20 times). It's a cute book, but let me tell you, Elliot the Elephant is quite the brat. He definitely needs to put on his listening ears, and Mommy Elephant needs to learn some disciplining techniques! Nonetheless, it is a cute book. Back to my story, when Brian was reading it the other night, Coleman asked, "Where's his Daddy?" Brian said, "I don't know where he is. That's probably part of Elliot's problem." Coleman, obviously not picking up on the humor, replied, "Maybe he went to work to look for a job." Isn't that funny? He thinks if his Daddy is looking for a job, everybody's Daddy must be looking for a job! I love it! And I love all of you. Thanks for coming back every day and reading my stories!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise God...He does take care of us...Hope Brian likes his work...and yes, Coleman's world is the only one going on...so everyone is the same...sweet...Maybe a muffy is like a Chortie...ask Brian..??
Who knows...
Glad you like Beth Moore's study..some day I hope to do one too.
Love you all....gald you all are enjoying the elephant book....:-)
Love
Grandpa and Grandma

Anonymous said...

What good news about Brian-happy for you guys!!!!Coleman sure is a beauty-Mike even read this one-usually I just tell him-Glad you are doing good-and we love watching Dancing with the Stars!!No favorite yet,but Apollo and Julliane were my pick last year.Keep writing!!Love, Mary and boys

Jeani said...

Maybe muffy is nuthy. (nuthin)
Rhonda once had me miffed on dosies. (groceries)
Good memories to hold in your heart forever.

Anonymous said...

Sharing popsicles in the driveway.
That's what life is all about.

I love your blog.

Anonymous said...

I love you.