Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Waiting

I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait

I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience
While I'm waiting
I will serve You
While I'm waiting
I will worship
While I'm waiting
I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait

(While I'm Waiting, by John Waller)

About two weeks ago my Bible study was about waiting. Then I got in the car and heard the song "While I'm Waiting" (lyrics above). I realized God was telling me to wait. He cares about us and has a plan, but we have to wait for His perfect timing. As I was listening to the song, I remembered that my friend Jennifer had posted last year how that song spoke to her while she waited to get pregnant. She talked about how it's easy to live month to month waiting for that positive pregnancy test, but that song reminded her to keep living for God and serving Him while she waited for her prayer to be answered. (Click here to visit her blog and see her little answered prayer!) Since that song spoke to me about two weeks ago, I've heard it countless times. God's little reminder to me that this is what He is calling us to do now: wait. Continue to serve and worship Him, but wait.

This week, my Bible study encouraged me to remember my experiences with God and pass them along to my children and also to share with my children what I have been learning about God. As we were leaving the church today, I turned on the car and my song was on. I thanked God for His reminder. Then Coleman said, "What is he singing about?" Here was my opportunity to share with my children what God is doing in our lives. As I tried to explain the song to Coleman and Spence, I could only get a few words out at a time. I had to choke back the tears. I asked Coleman, "What are we waiting for? What is Daddy waiting for?" He answered, "A job." He understands! I told him that while we wait for God to answer our prayer and provide the perfect job for Daddy that God wants us to keep praying and singing songs to Him and living for Him.

I am so amazed at the love God has for me. That He would care enough to keep playing this song for me. That He would have sermons and Bible studies and songs on the radio all speak to me about what He is doing behind the scenes in my life. And to top it all off, that He would stir a curiosity in my child about this song that means so much to me, so that I can share with Him what God is doing for us now, while we wait.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

we are praying for you...
love you guys.

Jeani said...

SOON

Rita said...

Yes, we are waiting, because He has promised something beyond our expectations.....and yes. we wait....and it will come....

JasonPeck said...

Thank you for posting this. I really needed to hear that today.

Thank you also for following and trusting God through this tough time. Your family is an example to us all.

thePiks said...

Thank you all for your prayers! It is amazing the peace God gives. I would not trade this time for anything. Brian and I have grown closer together and to the Lord.

Anonymous said...

Amanda, I'm sorry to hear you are going through this, but I admire you for the way you are trusting in the Lord and your positive attitude. I will be praying for your family. Melanie Ashworth

Jennifer said...

You are right, God has everything under control and we just have to be patient. Praying for you!

Anonymous said...

Amanda, I love this song! One of my favs! God will answer your prayers all in His perfect time, as you know. Waiting is so hard but it is songs like these that remind us to stay strong for Him! :) I just love your blog! You are a great writer! ~Shelly Campbell