Monday, May 17, 2010

1 More Month Until...

...my baby turns 1! Every month I wonder where the time has gone! At 11 months, Allie loves to push the little toy with wheels around (sorry, I don't know what it's called). She's even learned to steer. Several times she's taken two steps on her own! Of course, she is the third child, so there's no camera nearby. We do have some video of her strolling along with the push toy, but again, third child, so no rush to upload that video! I'm sorry Allie. At least no one can accuse me of favoring her because she's a girl!


My baby girl loves to eat! We went to IHOP Friday night and she had her own kid's meal - seriously! She ate an entire chicken strip and much of the fruit. She's had Arby's twice, and I've got to say, she's an Arby's girl! (Everyone knows what Arby's is, right? Roast beef sandwiches.) And she's all about the chicken strips from Whataburger. She may not have my hair or eyes, but she's got my appetite!

At 11 months, Allie still just has two teeth. Every day I think I see another one about to break through, but it hasn't yet. And as for words, I think she's more of a thinker! She says "mama" and "dada" and what sounds like "hi dada" and "na na na na" when I say "no no" to her. Every so often she gets babbly and "talks" to us, but mostly she just observes.


Strolling, eating, babbling. These are all minor details in her day. Her true passion is unrolling toilet paper. She is getting very good at it! I think she knows the quickest route to the bathroom from every point in the house. She can sense when Spence has left the door open and the toilet paper, stashed in the cabinet below the sink, is left unguarded.


Those are just a few details about our Allie at 11 months old. I think she's the sweetest little girl in the world!

5 comments:

Rita said...

Hugs and kisses to Allie...she sure is changing fast....what a cutie!!!

I do believe there are some boys in your house that liked to unroll TP also....I rem coming to visit and seeing the TP on the window sill...out of reach!!

thePiks said...

Oh yes, how time makes us forget! I suppose I'll have to find another storage place for my stockpile of toilet paper!

Jennifer said...

I can not believe she is already a year old. It seems like just yesterday we were all waiting to see if it was going to be Allie or Cooper!

Paul and Candice said...

I think she's one of the sweetest little girls I know, too! Her hair is getting so blonde. I hope we can get together with you guys soon!

Anonymous said...

She is so cute! I can't believe it 's almost been a year. Precious little girl. Just wait for all the Barbies you can play with! I think we got our first a little before 3. :)
Jaime