Monday, May 17, 2010

And the Winner Is...

Houston! The perfect job was right here in Houston. Isn't that something? After interviewing with companies in New Jersey, California, Pennsylvania, Colorado, Florida, and Georgia, the job God had for Brian was right down the road! We seriously did not think we would get to stay here. I have to admit that I was a little excited about the prospect of leaving this sweltering heat and humidity behind, but this is home! I'm a Texas girl at heart. I love being close to my parents. And I can only imagine the hassle of moving 3 kids across the country. We're so excited! I'm trying to talk Brian in to writing more about his new job and what he'll be doing, so be looking for that! I also may try to put my thoughts together into words to share what all God taught us through this chapter of life. It's been amazing. Thanks again for all your concern and prayers. Thanks for being a part of our lives! I love sharing it with you.

8 comments:

Rita said...

Congratulations are really in order for Brian...and Amanda for waiting so faithfully to see where you were suppose to be....at home!!

Jeani said...

I am so happy for you. I didn't want you to need to leave your parents. Houston sounds perfect to me. I am thankful for you sharing your life with us.

Anonymous said...

My heart is rejoicing. Your "waiting upon the LORD" has been such an inspiration to me and I'm sure to other people.

CONGRATULATIONS, BRIAN!!!

Jennifer said...

Yeah! So glad y'all are staying here!

Paul and Candice said...

I'm so excited...and I just can't hide it! Congrats to you all!!!!

Rhonda said...

that is really wonderful!
we are all just so relieved and happy with you!!!!!

Lanell (Jennifer's Mom) said...

I know that Jennifer is thrilled that you are staying in Houston. What an awesome story you have shared with everyone of your families testimony to have faith and trust God. Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

Oh wonderful news!
God is so good!
T-4