Saturday, May 15, 2010

211 Days

7 months

300 job applications

8 interviews

1,000,000 prayers

1 God who heard them all

And the answer we've all been waiting for...

2 job offers on Friday!

Yes, Brian heard Wednesday that the company he's been talking to in Houston was going to make an offer on Friday. Thursday, the company in Atlanta told him they wanted to make an offer and just needed some paperwork from his previous company. So Friday, within 90 minutes of each other, the two offers came in! Brian will make a decision early next week. So we'll let you all know what decision he made then, and I'll write more. We cannot tell you how much your prayers and support have meant to us during this time. Some people have asked if it feels like a weight has been lifted off of us, and to be honest, it doesn't. We weren't weighted down. That's the thing about completely trusting in God: it's freeing. God has taken care of us and made Himself very real to us over these past seven months, and we give Him all the praise for these job offers. This is His perfect timing that we've been waiting for!

Brian told the boys that when he got a job they could celebrate by staying up all night. This all started because every night Coleman says, "I don't like to sleep. I wish I could stay up all night." So last night they made it until almost 2 am. Spence is a little crabby today, but for the most part they're all doing fine. It helps that it's a sleepy, rainy day around here.

I'll admit that I feel strange about leaving this job search phase. After all, it's been 211 days since Brian's company ran out of money. Strange, I know. Maybe I'll write more about that later. Until then, have a great weekend! We sure are!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yeah!!! I am so excited for you. Selfishly I hope he takes the job in Houston, but if he takes the job in Atlanta then we will have a reason to go and visit there.

Paul and Candice said...

Awesome! What an amazing example you guys are to us all!!! I'm excited to see where he chooses! I'm with Jennifer, but I know it will be wonderful whichever one he picks!

Rita said...

There's a song of praise and joy in my heart....for His faithfulness to you and your complete trusting...

2 am....wow>...

Rhonda said...

We are sooooooo happy for you!!!
God is good. God is great!
:)