Monday, April 11, 2011

Ant Attack

Allie sat in an ant bed yesterday and is covered with more ant bites than I can count. I'm guessing she has about 150 bites. She was wearing a dress and it's just unreal how they climbed up her back and tummy and got down in her shoes. The ladies that were on the nursery playground with her told me she cried a little, then acted fine. Before we left church we got some advice from a friend who's a pediatrician. When I put cream on them, she says "ouch" but hasn't scratched them at all. I would be constantly itching all over! The nursery workers are always so careful to check for ant piles before they go out to play, and they are very good at watching the kids, so I know it was just an accident. Please pray that she will not start scratching, and that the bites won't get infected! We feel so sorry for her, but I think the only time she realizes there's something wrong is when we look at her and say, "Aw poor baby!"





Otherwise, we're having a great time with Grandma! I'll have a few pictures and adventures to share later!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh..Poor Allie!! Hope Allie heals quickly!!

Paul and Candice said...

God Love Her! Oh, it made me cringe. Isn't it amazing that they can just be unfazed by something that would torment us? Oh, to have the resilience of a toddler! Miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

My goodness she is so sweet!
And so full of ant bites !
Those darn fire ants!
Oatmeal baths and epson salts really help!
We will pray for her to heal quickly!
T-4