Friday, April 22, 2011

Easter Egg Hunts Don't Scare Me!

If you have no idea what the title of this post means, click here. Or, if you're short on time, I'll just tell you that Coleman has had some bad experiences at egg hunts. At one point, I wondered if I would ever be able to take him to an egg hunt without it being a horrific experience for both of us! Well, luckily I think that phase has passed. And now I think about all those past egg hunts and the tears and screaming and actually get a laugh from it!

Since he was out of school today, he got to tag along with his younger siblings to our MOPS Easter Egg Hunt. He actually helped me hide some of the eggs, but enjoyed finding them too.

Save some for the other kids, Allie!

Say "Cheese" then we can eat the candy!

And what's the deal with Mommies? Or maybe it's just me. I always want a cute picture of the kids together on special occasions or events. I picked out cute springy outfits for the kids, and wouldn't you know Coleman wanted no part of the outfit I picked out for him! I'm afraid mean mom had to come out and she may have made some threats about not getting toys that were supposed to be in his Easter basket, or something to that affect. I can't really control mean mom. She's just really obsessed with dressing the kids all cutesie and getting a frame-able photo. I don't know what her deal is.



After all the energy mean mom expended, these are the best pictures she got!

And then Coleman went and put the clothes of his choosing back on before we left for the egg hunt.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where'd you get those shoes?

Rita said...

Good one,,,,and never let him make you believe you are a "mean Mom"..ha

Cute pix and glad Coleman enjoyed it also.....Love your top, Amanda...it's a spring look to me..

Anonymous said...

Ok... Rita said all I was going to say... way to go Rita!
So I say ditto and.......
I love the picture of everyone in front of the jasmin!
Frame that one!
Happy Easter
T-4

Anonymous said...

That's how I do it...You wear the outfit long enough for pictures and then you can change!! :0)

We had a meltdown with Caden this morning. He thought all the eggs should be his! He was ok once we opened the eggs and saw the candy inside.

Happy Easter to you all!!

Jennifer said...

Despite all the threatening, I have still not gotten a good Easter picture today of the kids. Though at least this year EmmyKate did put on a fancy dress as opposed to last year@