Saturday, April 30, 2011

Garage Sale Find

Can you believe we got these at a garage sale around the corner from us today? I've been wanting to get rid of the rocker and ottoman and put two chairs by the fireplace. It just wasn't a high priority, since I figured it would cost quite a bit of money. And it was not even on my mind when Brian called and told me to meet him at the garage sale to check out something. They weren't quite ready for an estate sale, but the guy let me go in the house and take a look around. I saw these chairs and thought they'd be perfect! Especially when he told me how little he wanted for them! We might have them reupholstered some day, but I think the red looks good for now. The wheels on the front have to go though! The boys must not have noticed those today or we might have had some kind of roller derby going on!
And I could use some advice from all you expert designers. Should the chairs be farther apart? Turned more? The only thing is the kids need to be able to get into the cabinets because that's where a lot of their toys are stored. Here's another view:


And I don't really want to get rid of the rocker and ottoman, but I don't have any little babies left to rock and feed! Oh the memories of 12:00, 2:00, 4:00, and 6:00 a.m. feedings in that chair!

7 comments:

Paul and Candice said...

Those chairs look great, but oh, my heart is sad that you're getting rid of the rocker and ottoman. I love that chair:)

Rita said...

The chairs are wonderful!!! I think I would put them just a wee bit closer...???

The red looks fine....and what fun to shop for fabric someday....alot easier and cheaper than looking for chairs!! Good job, Brian....estate sales are so full of treasures and you got some today!

Rita said...

The slant you have them is good..

Rhonda said...

Oh Amanda I think they are fabulous! The color is really pretty! Yeah!

Anonymous said...

They are really nice chairs!
I love the color, style, and wood on them!
T-4

Anonymous said...

I love the color--someday change it-but looks nice now!! Mary

Tina said...

Not that i am a decorator but I think a nice rug (not too big)maybe round would set off the chairs! I love them. Sorry about the ottoman. Give them a benediction and send them to Fort Bend Women's Center. I am sad to let Andrew pack up the boppy pillows and other things I have kept "just in case." Notice Andrew did it!