Friday, April 29, 2011

Spence's Imagination


Driving past Coleman's school on our way to a park today, Spence and I had a delightful conversation!

Mommy: Coleman's in there working hard and learning all kinds of stuff.
Spence: I hope he's not learning about alligators!
Mommy: Why?
Spence: Because Esther told me if you learn about alligators, you turn into one! And that's real!
Mommy: So if Coleman comes home and he's an alligator, I guess we'll know he learned about alligators today.
Spence: The first thing to happen is he'll have alligator sharp teeth!
Mommy: Then what next?
Spence: He'll turn green!
Mommy: What next?
Spence: He'll grow a long tail!
Mommy: What next?
Spence: He'll grow two feet in front!
Mommy: What next?
Spence: His nose will be long!
Mommy: What next?
Spence: He'll have bumps all over him!
Mommy: What next?
Spence: Then he's an alligator!

In case you forgot, Esther is Spence's imaginary friend. And it sounds like Spence knows enough about alligators to turn into one himself!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is the CUTEST story!
I love it...
He sounds like he knows all about Alligators!
T-4

Anonymous said...

Oh, Spence. How I love you. Nana