Thursday, April 07, 2011

Action Packed Couch Cusions

When one gets to go out with Daddy and ride in Daddy's truck, one must let Daddy choose the outfit.


La la la... I can't hear you! That's what I say to moms who start telling me about their teenagers. The toddler, preschool, and kindergarten ages are enough for me to deal with at the moment. And yes, I know I'll be staring down teenagers before I know it, but I'll think about that another day. Not today. Today I'll think about all the bath toys I need to sanitize because Allie pooped in the tub. And maybe the spot on the boys' bedroom floor, because once out of the tub, she went and finished her business in their bedroom. I'll think about the crunched up Rice Crispies that I need to sweep up. I'll think about all the sippy cups that seem to have disappeared that I'll probably find under a bed, in the car, and behind the toilet. I'll think about how to deal with whininess, slow-p0keyness, and the dilemma of Spence never being able to find his flip flops. No, not those flip flops, or those, but the other ones. And I'll thank God for the chance to think about all these things. To be a part of these demanding, needy, precious little children's lives. What a joy! An exhausting, sometimes overwhelming joy! But yes, a joy. I'll try to savor every crazy moment. Then when they're teenagers I can embarrass them with stories from their childhood! Well, maybe just once or twice.

Now for the action packed part. A while back I posted some pictures of the boys having fun flying through the air. They've now incorporated the couch cushions into their acrobatics! (And Rita, we tell them if we have to buy a new couch we won't be able to go to Disney World!)

They look like innocent little angels

Flying high!

King of the World!

Watch out for the baby!

She loves these crazy boys' moves! Check out Coleman...

And this morning Spence said, "Allie can stand on one leg!" She was standing in the windowsill by the front door showing off her balancing talent.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

They sure look like they are having a great time!! Allie looks like she wants to be right with the big boys! Have good time with Rita-she might need some tender loving care--and a couple of shopping trips!! Mary

Anonymous said...

How exciting... full of adventure and energy!
Allie will grow up so fast keeping up with the boys..
Love her balancing act.. !
Yes have a good visit with Rita..
take good care of her!
T-4

Rita said...

Oh....poor Brian....he will never get to DisneyWorld....

They are really flying.....

Kids and messes just seem to go together!! It's God's way of saying...you have normal healthy children!!

Rhonda said...

This is an action packed post! I love it! I miss these kinds of days the most!
Makes my heart melt.
So happy that Rita is coming to see ya'll!!!!!
Give her love for me!