Thursday, March 31, 2011

Same Old Same Old

There is no same old, same old around here! It is something different every day. Excitement around every corner! When I walk into a room to see what my children are doing, I have no clue what I'll find. Just take a look:

She found Coleman's shoes!

He found my sports bra!

The other day Allie didn't want her baby doll in the car, but Spence said he wanted it. A thought went through my mind that I shouldn't let my little boy play with a doll, but I went ahead and handed Frannie to him. As we drove down the road, I could hear him talking to Frannie. At least he's into cars and monsters and boyish things as well as dolls, I thought. Then I heard him laughing and talking about heads popping off. When we got out of the car this is what the doll looked like:

He calls it Face Foot!

I had to laugh that I actually thought my little guy would play with a doll the same as a girl would. He violently popped off her head and rammed it onto her foot! What a boy. So I won't worry that he likes to put on my bras either!

The kids aren't the only ones who make things interesting around here. Most of you know that Brian "accidentally" was the winning bidder for a BMW on eBay several years ago. It required a lot of maintenance and to take it to the shop was too expensive, so he's been fixing it himself. He decided to start seriously looking for a truck a few months ago. Instead of eBay, this time he turned to Craigslist. (If you're wondering, Brian would cease to exist without the internet!) After looking at quite a few trucks, he finally found the perfect one!

Meet his new 2003 Toyota Tundra!

The boys jump at every chance to ride in it. And Allie can often be heard saying, "I want Daddy's truck!" Hopefully the BMW will sale quickly!

I don't want to leave Coleman out. Last night as we were leaving church he pointed to the bulletin board where they post pictures and information about the missionaries we support. He said, "One day my picture might be up there." Wouldn't that be something? Things like that help me remember how important this task of parenting actually is. What a huge responsibility!

Lord, give me strength! Give me wisdom in guiding these precious kids toward You. And thank you for a sense of humor. It keeps me sane and my head of hair intact. Amen.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like it. When can I ride?

Rhonda said...

Face foot is a classic! funny!
congrats on the new truck! Yay!

Rita said...

Ahh...Life with kids!!!

Nice wheels..