Friday, March 04, 2011

This Is the Month To Live In Texas

I love Texas. I've lived here my whole life, except for college. But there are times of the year that it's just miserable here and I wonder why I live here. This is not one of those times. Early Spring is a wonderful time to be in Texas! My family and friends who live in the north are still experiencing cold and snow, but we're outdoors playing. While we can. Because come mid to late May, it's all over. We'll be heading indoors until November!

Some days I feel like I force the kids to play outside or go to a park. I'll say, in not so sweet a voice, "It's BEAUTIFUL today and we are going to ENJOY IT! Now get your shoes on and stop whining! We're going to the park!!!" They always end up having fun, so it's not so bad.

Spence and his boots enjoying a swing

Riding their scooters back home

And falling off the scooter

Several tears, a few squirts of Neosporin, and two band aids later all was well. Several years ago a neighbor gave us the scooter Spence rides now. And for Christmas Brian got Coleman a Razor scooter. It has been so nice for them each to have one so there's no arguing. They love their scooters!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pic's looks like they really had fun!
Fla is much like Texas.. it is so beautiful here now..
Himbernation is coming soo.
I am outside every day. 12+ hours.
T-4

Rita said...

Poor Spence....he looks like he is saying...Mommy, help me...I hurt....Nothing will ever replace those green boots!!

Shandra said...

the pics your friend took are great! i need to get some updated pics of the kids. guess i'll wait until it gets warmer tho so we can do them outside. and yes, we are experiencing cold here. we had some nice 60 degree days, but we are supposed to get up to 12 inches by tuesday night, i think. crazy!

Shandra said...

and i meant up to 12 inches of snow. i'm sure you figured that. ;)

Paul and Candice said...

This has been the most beautiful weather...if the pollen would just go away already!