Monday, March 21, 2011

Try, Try Again

If at first yelled at by a 6 year old for making something new and different, try, try again! I guess that's my new motto. So if you haven't read about Coleman's reaction to the oatmeal chocolate chip muffins I made for breakfast this morning, scroll down and check out the post below...
Caught up now? Great! So my next idea was that I could make better chewy granola bars than Mr. Quaker himself. And guess what... I can!!! At least Brian, Spence, and I think I can. Allie hasn't tried them yet. Coleman had about 4 bites, and with each bite he gave me the thumbs down sign. Ugh. That kid.

Click here for the recipe! I didn't follow the directions exactly. I used some of the tips that others had left in the reviews. If you plan on making them, let me know and I can give you a few of the best tips, like substituting some of the oats for Rice Crispies! They didn't set as well as I would have liked, and the chocolate made them a little messy, but overall I like how they turned out. And I like that I know exactly what's in them and they aren't packed with preservatives enough to give them a shelf life of 3 years!

So those are my adventures in cooking. On another note, I'm feeling a twinge of sadness mixed with a whoosh of freedom. I've made the hard decision not to watch the new season of Dancing With the Stars. I know, I know. It's been my favorite show. But every year I get annoyed, and Brian gets doubly annoyed, with how many hours it's on each week. I usually just DVR it then I can skip some stuff, but it still takes a big chunk of my time. My decision was a little easier since I don't even know half the "celebrities" that are on this time around. So I made it through the premiere tonight without even turning on the TV! What will power I have...

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Okay so I watched about 20 minutes of Dancing with the Stars before our neighbors came over to pray for Michelle with Mark and I. It's the first time EVER for me as Michelle had it on...I'm not sure if I'll watch it again unless she has it on? But, I didn't know any of the stars either. And there was only one dress that I loved. ;)
Breakfast sounds good. Wish I could come on over to enjoy some of your recipes.

Paul and Candice said...

I wish so badly that I could get rid of the processed foods...man their good though. I have discovered the Larabar, and YUM! They only have a couple of ingredients in them, and I recognize them ALL! Crazy!

heavenlyhomemakers.com is a great blog for recipes from scratch.
Let us know if you find any more good ones:)