Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Weekend Away

Brian and I spent the weekend in Austin to celebrate our 12th anniversary (which was in December). Everyone was supposedly over the stomach bug, but somehow my mom got it Sunday evening. Poor Mom! She ended up having to stay until Tuesday afternoon when she finally felt better. We love you!

We had an awesome time in Austin! I wish I could share some pictures, but unfortunately I forgot our camera and had to buy a disposable one. I haven't gotten it developed yet. Wow. I haven't said that in awhile: I need to get my pictures developed. Coleman couldn't even figure out what the disposable camera was! I let him take a picture, then he wanted to see it! I didn't take many pictures in Austin because I was actually a little embarrassed of the camera. It was definitely a flashback to the '80s.

Anyway, back to our trip. Several months ago, Brian bought tickets for an event for us to go to in Austin and wouldn't tell me what it was. I had no idea if we were going to see a play or a concert or some kind of variety act. About an hour before we were to arrive at the concert hall, we were sharing and appetizer and I started asking for clues. He told me it was an individual, not a group. I have no idea why, but Jerry Seinfeld came to mind. I was hesitant to ask if that's who we were going to see because I thought if it wasn't Seinfeld, Brian would think my expectations were way too high and that I'd be disappointed with who it really was. So I said, "It's OK if it's not this person, but is it Jerry Seinfeld?" IT WAS!!! I couldn't believe it! He was really funny (of course) and we had a great time.

We also toured the capitol, visited the LBJ Presidential Library, ate at great local restaurants, went to a movie, and shopped. I love these weekends away! And it was great not to worry about the kids. They had a blast with Nana!

We ended our weekend in San Marcos at the outlet malls! What a great husband do I have? We mostly bought clothes for the kids, but I got a few things for myself and the house.

Thank you Brian for a wonderful weekend. It's great to get away and spend time together - buckling our own seat belts, not fixing 4 different meals, and going to bed knowing I'm not going to hear anyone saying any of the following: I had a bad dream! I threw up! How many more hours until morning? And it's nice to come home to all that after being refreshed. I love you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH Amanda--it sounds like you really had a great time--what a nice thing to do--but always nice to come back home!! Mary

Anonymous said...

Seinfeld.. YOU LUCKY!!!
I bet it was great!
Brian you did good!
I miss the old group !
Makes you want 2 anniversaries each year...
Glad you had a good time!
And an outlet mall.. oh wonderful!
T-4

Rita said...

Sounds just awesome....my kind of weekend date....glad you both enjoyed it and each other!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Anniversary you two! :)

-Amy