Saturday, March 19, 2011

Down In His Heart, Out in Our Yard

Pretty azalea in our back yard

It has been beautiful spring weather here, and we've been outside enjoying it! Here's what's happenin':

Today I was pushing Spence and Allie on the tire swing and he was singing, "Down in my heart, down in my heart..." I thought he was singing "I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy, down in my heart" but when I asked him what was in his heart, he said, "A ROCK STAR!!!" His song had a hard rock beat and went like this:
Down in my heart
Down in my heart
I've got a rock star
Down in my heart!

He's so funny! And Allie has a new look for the warmer weather:

Topless!

In this picture she's either at least being a little modest, or is too cool. She'll keep her shirt on when we're out and about, but not at home.

I set our pop up house in the back yard and we played school. Spence said, "OK children, today we're going to learn about grass." He pointed his stick to the grass and said, "Pretend this is fake grass. This is grass and there's dirt under it. It's everywhere. Time for recess children!"

Time to come in! I love how she presses her face against the glass.

Look closely at this picture and guess what Coleman is going to learn how to do. He got something new and I'm a little nervous, but I'm sure he'll do great and have it down in no time!

3 comments:

Rita said...

Loe the pix's and Allie with her squished face....and topless....my oh my....:-)

Spence is quite the teacher....grass everywhere....

Is it baseball??

Anonymous said...

Coleman has lace up and tie shoes! What were you thinking?

Paul and Candice said...

I do love Spence Stories!