Sunday, March 13, 2011

My Manly Outdoorsmen Return

I experienced something very rare this weekend. I think it's called being alone. Eating alone. Driving alone. Peeing alone. It was great! I also spent some time out with some girlfriends. It was just as good as the alone time! Who knew dinner could last from 6:30 to 10:00?

How did I score this alone time? Allie went to stay with my parents and Brian took the boys camping. What did I do besides eat, drive, and pee alone? I cleaned out closets, drawers, and the playroom. (I may or may not have watched a chick flick also.) I've got lots and lots of boxes and bags to take to Goodwill. I'm very excited! I've been very serious about decluttering. It's coming along nicely!

The guys made it home safely today with lots of fun stories of their forest adventures. Maybe I'll have Coleman and Spence write a post about it from their perspective. They're in bed right now though, so I'll just share some pictures.

Camping with Daddy...

...and friends!

Boys love fire

Walking across a tree bridge

Choppin' wood

They took turns and got it chopped in two! So proud of themselves!

In case you're wondering, it's no coincidence that both my boys only wore red shirts. I picked those out so they could always be seen in the woods. If Mommy's not there to watch over her babies you better believe she's gonna make it easy for Daddy to keep an eye on them! And I must say thank you to the three Daddies for getting our boys back safely! I know they had a blast. You guys are awesome!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everyone had a great weekend!
How nice!
It is so nice Brian could take the boys with the other dad's and boys.
They will have to do that again ...
right!
I think red shirts.. are a good idea!
T-4

Rita said...

What a great weekend for the boys...and for being "alone"...Isn't it amazing what you can get done??
THe boys had great pix.....also like Daddy's T=shirt!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun weekend for all of you. I love it when I am home alone and can get things done. The boys look like they had a great time too-Love the pictures--Mary

Jennifer said...

Yeah for the alone time and we will have to do another girl's night out in the next month or so!

Shandra said...

fun!! matt's taking the boys in april to go camping. i would LOVE to have alone time, but will settle for a week with one child! :) sounds like you used your time wisely!!

Paul and Candice said...

JEALOUS of YOU! Just had to get that out there! The red was brilliant...would have never thought of that! I LOVE the idea of Daddy taking the boys camping...that would mean I wouldn't have to camping. You know that's on my list of things I don't do:)

OH, my, I just saw my word verification word...it's PREGG...don't let that be a sign!