Friday, March 25, 2011

Life With Allie

If you have a toddler or have had a toddler or even know what a toddler is you can probably answer this question. What happens when you leave a bottle of syrup on the table after breakfast? Of course, you end up with a sticky toddler and a sticky everything within her reach! Everybody got that answer correct I'm sure! But what happens when you leave the dryer door open? Give up? The dryer ends up full of dog food! That's a new one, even for around here! I haven't checked yet to see if the dog food is sticky or not.
Allie is most assuredly at the "in to everything" stage. But she's also saying more words and sentences every day. My favorite thing right now is how she says "hi" to everything. When we pass the pond it's, "Hi duck!" And if we look out in the yard it's, "Hi cat!" or "Hi squirrel!" It seems as if she's determined to get them all to say "hi" back to her. She's also learned many "I want" phrases. And most of her words end with the letter y: "I want loshy (lotion). I want chocy (chocolate). I want Daddy (Daddy)!"
Tonight the kids were putting their clothes in the hamper (a built in cabinet in their bathroom) when a roach ran out. Coleman screamed, threw clothes at it, and hightailed it out of the room! The roach ran into Allie's foot, then headed for the corner. I grabbed a shoe and whacked it a few times. Allie finally looked down and saw the dead roach. She waved at it and said, "Hi bug!" And as always, her kind gesture was not returned.
I wiped up the floor and flushed the roach. Coleman finally came back into the bathroom, very much on guard. I promised the roach was dead and flushed. He was sure he saw a leg and wing in the toilet. He gets this from his Daddy. Brian is a wonderful guy who can do many things, but killing bugs is not one of them. I actually once witnessed him caulk around an outlet to trap a roach so he wouldn't have to kill it. He's not ashamed of this. He's from Montana, and they don't have big, creepy bugs up there like we have down here. Everything's bigger in Texas! So I'm in charge of killing bugs. That and pulling teeth, when the time comes. I know they lose teeth in Montana, so that may be an issue Brian has to work through.
Let me end this long rambling with news of our latest purchase: a Toyota Tundra! Brian has been wanting a truck so he could get rid of his BMW. It requires too much maintenance. So he finally found the right one and we brought it home tonight. Just one more car and each of us could go our separate ways each day! Hopefully it won't take long for him to make some repairs on the BMW and sell it.
OK. That's enough from me. Hope everyone has a wonderful, blessed weekend!

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

oh this post made me giggle a few times Amanda!
TOO FUNNY!

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, even after 4 kids, Caden is still reminding me how much a 3 yr old can get into!! We've also had a syrup mess in the kitchen :0)

Ugh, roaches!! We deal with them on a constant bases here too. As long as they stay in the garage, it's ok with me! But you come into my kitchen you will be squashed!!

Congrats on the new truck!

Anonymous said...

Great post!
Always something exciting..
and new each day!
We love reading the news and excitement...
Toyota tundra's last forever good pick!
Sweet Allie needs bells on her shoes so you can keep up with her.
T-4

Rita said...

Yes...I was giggling until I read about the "bug"...I am a Montana girl...ya know...and as for the teeth...I think a chewy caramel works the best...