Sunday, October 12, 2008

A New Adventure Awaits


We made a date with some friends to go.... camping! Brian and the boys are excited about this. I haven't had time to sort out my feelings yet. No, just kidding. I think it will be a lot of fun. We went looking for a tent this past weekend. The one we have now is not big enough. Did you know they make tents to sleep nine? I don't believe I know eight other people I would feel comfortable sleeping in the same tent with. Coleman got a new sleeping bag. It's a Coleman! I don't even have to write his name on the tag. I felt kind of weird in the sporting goods store yelling, "Coleman! Coleman!" when he would wander over to another aisle. People probably thought I was looking for the name brand equipment, not my child.

Today Coleman went on his first school field trip... and without Mommy! I was a little nervous, but I didn't want to be an overprotective Mommy who keeps her kids from new experiences. They went to Bounce U, a place with all those inflatable jumpy things. He loved it! And more importantly, Mommy made it through.

7 comments:

Rita said...

Oh. my ..little baby steps in letting go....good for you and him!!!

Camping will be FUN! Just take along lots of good food and snacks and anithistimines and bug spray and toilet paper and a good magazine,,,,etc. etc. etc. and your cell phone!!! Ha

Anonymous said...

Listen to grandma with all those good ideas.. LOL Rita!
We had so much fun when the boys were little! Good memories!
Have a wonderful time!
I am so glad you are camping with the boys.. and I am glad I am to old to go along...
LOL T-4
Glad the field trip was fun!

Paul and Candice said...

I just want to say, "better you than me!" I'm not ready for camping! I'm sure it will be fun though!

Can't wait to see you this weekend!

thePiks said...

OK, Candice's comment worries me! I keep telling myself it's just one night. The worst part will be getting all the stuff together! Or maybe the sleeping in a tent with the boys. Or maybe the NOT sleeping. Or maybe the possible heat. I haven't decided yet.

Rita said...

Amanda...

when you see first hand what fun the boys are having, you will be glad to make the memory with them......really.

Anonymous said...

Camping!!!!! A must when the house is full of boys!
You'll have fun as long as you can take a little dirt, bugs and inconvenience. :)

Anonymous said...

oh and some advice;
don't spray bug spray right next to the fire.
yeah that's not good.