Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Not Me Tuesday!

I've been wanting to post something today, but I just couldn't think of anything worth saying. Then I remembered something I saw on someone else's blog. I thought to myself, "I'll steal her idea!" I found her blog through my friend Krystal and check it every once in a while. Please read Krystal's post for today or link to My Charming Kids to learn more about this amazing mom and her faith in Jesus as her 4th child is born tomorrow. He has heart problems and they don't know what God has planned.

Mck Mama (author of My Charming Kids) does Not Me Monday where she tells all the things she's recently done by saying "Not me! I didn't do that!" I thought that might be a fun way to tell some things that are going on around here. And yes, I know it's not Monday, so here's my Not Me Tuesday. Hope you enjoy!

I did not volunteer to man a booth at the Halloween carnival at the boys' school just so I wouldn't be labeled the "loser mom" so early in the year. Not me! And I was not relieved when the carnival ended much sooner than expected because, hey, I'm paying them to give me a break from my kids, not to mention other people's kids. I would never get excited over something like that. And after I left the carnival, I did not go vote and wear my "I Voted!" sticker proudly all day. Why would I? And I definitely did not eat my favorite Jason's Deli delight, the scrumplicious Ranchero Wrap, for lunch. You will not smell it on my breath or see the remains of it dribbled down my shirt.

I also did not just today empty the remains of the cooler from our camping trip we returned from two days ago. That would be gross. And when I picked up the boys from school I did not eat a piece of Coleman's candy without asking and get caught. He did not tell me, in a grown-up manner, "If you want a piece of someone's candy you should say, 'Can I have some of your candy please?' and they will say,'Yes, you can have some of my candy.' OK Mommy?" And I was not embarrassed because my Bible study this morning said that I should model confession and asking for forgiveness.

I did not let Coleman and Spence watch three videos so I could take a nap on the couch. What horrible mother would??? And I did not make poppy seed chicken without poppy seeds for dinner tonight. Man, I've not been busy today!

What have you not been up to?

4 comments:

sheree said...

You are HILARIOUS!!!! Oh, Amanda!!!

Mrs. H said...

Those are great!

Here is one I did not do today...

I did not see some "nerds" candy on the floor and just leave it cause I new Griffin would find it. He loves finding these little surprises on the floor! How horrible am I!

Jennifer said...

Coleman's comment cracked me up! And don't worry, we did not let EK watch football on the couch last Sunday while the 2 of us napped!

Rita said...

And I did not laugh a much need laugh by the way....I did not....

Kids have a strange way of making us be so darn honest...Didnt I ever tell you I raised my boys by saying do what I say...not what I do..I did....(not).