Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Signs of Fall

Ah fall. Cool weather, crisp air, football games, oatmeal for breakfast, an inundation of fundraisers, fall carnivals. Back it up! What is with all these fundraisers? We've already been hit up twice by neighbor kids (and the regulars haven't even come by yet) and the boys brought home TWO fundraisers from school today. I'm sorry, but I don't want to ask people I like to buy $40 foot cream or $16 cookie dough. I'm going to have to start using the peephole when the doorbell rings. As for the boys' school fundraisers, I'm wondering if they'll believe that fundraisers are against my religion. I need to search the scriptures and read up on the Baptist Faith and Message. Oh well. I'm enjoying the rest of fall. Even though our days are still hot, they aren't unbearable. And the mornings are nice and cool. Spence and I love having maple brown sugar oatmeal for breakfast. The only problem is that the house, my hands, and Spence's face smell like maple syrup the rest of the day. It's the craziest thing! After eating it, I take a shower and wash my hands several times and at bedtime I still smell like syrup! One day I even cleaned the sink with bleach. Afterwards I didn't smell like bleach, but syrup! I guess there are worse things to smell like. Happy Fall to all! By the way, I like you. Do you need any foot cream or cookie dough? If so, you know where to come.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Foot cream and cookie dough; sounds like my kind of girl's night in. :) I know what you mean with the fundraisers. And Fall, I adore it - my favorite time of the year. sheree

Rita said...

I was just saying the other day...wish I had some good foot cm...:-)

I'll take a foot cm, but have to pass on the cookie dough...for 2 reasons...gluten and delivery...This is what Grandma's are for....but what happened to the $4 chocolate bar???ha

Anonymous said...

ahhh yes fundraisers...I say, where is the fun in those raisers?!!!

happy fall to you too Amanda and family!

Anonymous said...

GGGGGEEEEEEZZZZZZ!!!!