Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Trip

This was Spence's first car trip (other than the hour and 15 minute trips to my parents' house) and he did great. When we arrived at the hotel, Coleman said in his most excited voice, "I've never stayed at a hotel before!!!" I reminded him of all the times he's stayed in hotels, and he reminded me of the time we visited cousin Brittney in a hotel in Galveston. Luckily, he did not notice the p-o-o-l right by the stairs that led up to our room. Friday night we went to the football game and the boys had a blast. They ran around and played with all the other kids, then watched the band at half-time, and finally became obsessed with getting the mascot Willie the Wildcat's attention. Coleman also seized the camera at one point and went on a shooting spree (I won't post any of those).

The boys are leaning on the rail trying to get Willie's attention.

Spence's first Texas football game

Saturday morning I awoke and realized I had no idea what fun things to do with the kids until 4:30 when we would be leaving to go to the carnival at Candice's parents' house. In a panic, I called Candice asking for family fun advice. She gave me some great ideas, but once we hit Wal-Mart, Double Dave's (you know I can't pass one of those by), and the mall ( a girl's gotta shop), it was time to head back to the hotel to rest. Coleman drove me crazy asking when the Halloween party was going to start. Luckily, I bounce back from crazy pretty easily.

Love that chocolate chip pizza from Double Dave's!

The second best thing about Double Dave's - the arcade! Daddy and the boys were hunting.

We arrived at the carnival and Candice, her sister, and her parents had done a great job creating a fabulous Halloween festival! There was a fishing game, batting game, putt-putt, treasure dig, bounce house, bobbing for apples, rubber duck game, tractor train rides and more. All with candy and prizes! There was great food and lots of friends. The boys wore their costumes the entire night (which I could not believe). We ended the night with a hay ride. The boys enjoyed it so much, and I could not believe how many more stars are in the country than in the suburbs. Amazing!

My knight in shining armor and the fire-breathing dragon

Time for candy!

Please open this candy for me!




Press arrow to play.



Spence and Paul David

Some of my high school friends (Beverly, so sorry we took this after you left)

Why 2 year olds don't stay out 'til 11 every night

About as tired as he gets

After such a fun weekend, I felt a little guilty that the boys don't get the country lifestyle more often. At least we have friends to visit and can go anytime!

3 comments:

Rita said...

What fun pictures....looks like everyone had a great time...who won the game?? Minor detail...and the boys had so much fun they crashed!!Love their customes...nice when you don't need a winter coat over them!!

Theresa said...

I love Coleman's asleep picture. It is so cute!!

thePiks said...

Oh yes, the football game. Truly a minor detail. Harleton lost.

Yes, no coats here in October! We have to look for costumes that won't cause heat stroke!