Saturday, July 25, 2009

Where the Princess Will Sleep

The paint is done, the furniture is arranged, and the bedding is on. So I'll give you all a little peek at the princess' room! Rita and Gale bought the paint and painted with some help from my mom. I can't thank them enough! Allie's room has an angled roof which starts at 10 feet and goes up to about 18 feet. The three grandparents painted the ceiling white, 3 walls gray, and 1 wall pink in TWO DAYS!!! My mom will be making long curtains to hang behind the valances and recovering the rocker in a pink dragonfly material. We're also waiting for a construction company to reschedule and help Brian put in the new window. Then a few more finishing touches and the room will be complete! And Jeanie, we found the most adorable pink glass knobs to hang the sign from. I can't wait to get that up!

The pink accent wall with Allie's name


The cherry blossom bedding

Diaper stacker hung from a dragonfly hook (here you can see both the gray and pink walls)

I love the curtain rod with glass ends!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely adorable! Mom

Anonymous said...

Absolutely adorable! Mom

Paul and Candice said...

Oh, I LOVE it! That is so sweet, and the bedding is precious! Her name on the wall---doesn't that just make you giddy! I love to see my baby's names written out! Cute, cute, cute...well worth the wait! Good job Grandmas and Grandpa!

Anonymous said...

A beautiful room
for a beautiful girl!
Her bedding is fantastic!
Nice colors & fabulous painiting!
Glass knobs are extra special!
T-4

Sherrie said...

I love the room. It looks so cozy. Love Love love the bedding. Great job grandma and grandpa!!!

Patsy said...

Amanda, this is Patsy, a friend of your mom's. I love the room. The bedding is "fit for a princess". I hope to get to meet Allie some day soon. Your right the glass knobs on the curtain rods add that special touch of class. This is definitely a room that can she will be able to use for several years to come. Love it!

Jennifer said...

It is too cute! I love it!

dorbritz said...

Such a sweet room, love it!

Anonymous said...

Really cute Amanda!!!