Monday, August 03, 2009

Curtain Call

Nana, take a bow! You did an excellent job on the kids' curtains! Nana also recovered Allie's rocker. I'm so blessed to have a mom who enjoys sewing and does a great job with every assignment I give her. And believe me, I've given her lots of assignments. If I'm remembering them all, she's made 12 sets of curtains for us! Thanks Mom! I always think of you when I pull back a curtain.

New curtains for the boys' room
We've also ordered some vintage sports signs to hang on the walls. I'll get some more pictures when those arrive.

Mom made the long curtains to hang behind the valance to help darken Allie's room.

She also covered the rocker with this cute dragonfly material. This is the second cover she's made for this rocker. When we used it in Spence's room she covered it in red gingham.

My new haircut (at the end of the day after a nap)

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Can she come and do my house next??? And I love the haircut! Very cute and sassy!

Rita said...

Curtains are just wonderful!!! Look awesome....and I love your new do!!!!

YOu look younger !!!

Paul and Candice said...

Cute hair! Those curtains and chair are adorable. I, too, get to enjoy the sewing powers of my mom and mother-in-law! It's so nice to have those home ec ladies around!