Wednesday, August 12, 2009

If I Had Enough Energy

If I had enough energy, I'd tell you all how I've had to say some things in the last few days that you just never think you'll say...until you become a parent. Things like, "Don't lick that off the table!" and "Don't lay in your own urine!" I'd tell you how Spence fell in the Kohl's parking lot and I had to carry him wherever he wanted to go for the next 4 hours. And then when he started walking how I wished I had the energy to go get the camera so I could video him walking around with his knees together and back bent over to try and keep from hurting his scrapes.

I would also tell you about Coleman's chores and how he's now earning an allowance. I can't believe he's that old! I'd tell you how he is making his bed, putting his and Spence's laundry away, and picking up toys. He's saving his quarters to buy a Batman toy. Oh I would definitely tell you about the fit that was had the first Sunday we made him give one of his quarters in Sunday School. Last week was better.

Then I would tell you all about Spence's new imaginary friend Esther and how I'm sad that I can't remember the name of Coleman's old imaginary friend. I'm also sad that I just finished a really good Christian fiction book that I didn't realize was the 5th and final book of a series. And it has the same characters as another series that contains 5 books. So now I have 9 books that I need to read to figure out all about these characters that I have grown to love. That should only take me about 5 years if I can even find all these books at the library!

I shouldn't feel so energyless. Allie is sleeping about 7 hours every night. Then she goes back to sleep again after eating! Such a blessing! Maybe it's not really a lack of energy, but a lack of time. I love love love my kids so much, but I've decided every mom needs a few hours a week away from her two year old. School is just around the corner! I am so thankful that my husband realizes my need for a few hours off each week and the benefit the boys get from getting away from me and going to school. I love you Brian!

So it seems I need to go take a ride in the baby boat. Not sure what that is, but I'm sure it will be fun!

3 comments:

Mrs. H said...

Oh Amanda I just love your blog! And enjoy your writing! I read this and soooo know exactly what you are talking about! Enjoy your boat ride!

Rita said...

Oh my... I am tired just reading about your days!!!!!!!

This fall will be nice....everyone will be on a schedule!!! And you and Allie can go shopping. out to lunch or nap together!!!And the boys will be having fun!

Jennifer said...

I have always wondered if that series was good. They have the whole Redemptive Series at the library by us, but I have never checked them out. I will have to try next time I go.
So glad the boys go back to school soon so you can get a little break!