Friday, August 14, 2009

Morning Happenings

This morning the boys were playing in my bathroom while I was doing my makeup and hair. It's times like these I have to stop and remind myself that they are only little for a short time. Someday I'll miss these moments. So what if they're digging through Brian's closet finding all the broken toys that need to be fixed or playing with my tweezers and pumice stone. Now I do have to draw the line at spraying Tilex all over their clothes. We've already got one ruined shirt and thankfully all eyes are still functioning.

This morning Spence found a Transformer in Brian's closet that we had put away because it was too hard for Coleman (and us) to change from robot to vehicle. Our rule is this: If you can transform it without tears we can keep it out. To keep them from further digging through the closets and drawers, I let them play with the Transformer. Coleman was so worried that Spence would break it. He would say, "Spence! Be careful. It's very breakaful!" Then Spence was doing something with the toy and I heard Coleman say, "Oh the humanity!" I have no idea where he heard that! Later, Coleman snuck up on Spence and said, "Surprise! I just wanted to see if his eyebrows went up." This was something he saw on Sesame Street yesterday. (Ernie was trying to get Bert to show different emotions and see what his eyebrows did.)

I have to say, it's a full time job just making sure these boys are on the up and up, but I wouldn't trade it for anything! Now if I can just remember that come 4:00 this afternoon.

3 comments:

Rita said...

Oh my...busy boys! Just wait unitl Allie wants to ck out your lipstick!!!

Jennifer said...

I laughed outloud at "Oh the humanity". Too funny!

Paul and Candice said...

I was going to say, yeah, wait until Allie gets in there with them and into your makeup (but Rita beat me to it:).

Is "Oh, the humanity!" from the Grinch that stole Christmas? For some reason I thought of that movie when I read that...very funny boys you have there!

Can't wait to see you Wednesday!