Thursday, August 13, 2009

Wild Imaginations

Yesterday I was telling you about Spence's imaginary friend Esther and was upset that I couldn't remember the name of Coleman's old imaginary friend. It came to Brian last night: J.J.! Coleman would pick up the phone and start talking. When we would ask who he was talking to he would say, "J.J." Last night I asked him if he'd talked to J.J. lately and he said he didn't know when the last time was. So this morning he and Spence were playing with the phone and I heard Coleman saying, "J.J.!!! J.J.!!!" So glad those two found each other again! We may have to get a separate line so Spence can talk to Esther! Actually, I think Esther is at our house most of the time. I'm no stranger to imaginary friends. I had one in Junior High. I must have just wanted people to think I was odd. Here's a challenge: Can anyone who has known me for years and years remember my imaginary friend's name? Do you remember how she met her demise? Let's see!

Yesterday I also mentioned how Coleman has a list of chores that he does to earn an allowance. His chores include picking up his toys each night, keeping the books in his room picked up, putting away his and Spence's laundry (he's even learned how to hang their shirts), making his bed, and gathering all the trash and putting it in a big trashbag (twice a week on the nights before trash pickup). At the end of the day he gets two quarters, unless he got in trouble that day and had to go to timeout. Then he loses a quarter. Every week he takes a quarter to church to give in Sunday School. I think after he earns enough to buy the Batman toy he wants we'll start teaching him about saving. We can start reading Dave Ramsey books to him. That should be fun, huh?

7 comments:

Rita said...

I got the "special Jar" today....one slot for spending..one for saving...and one for sharing.....it may help....when he sees he still has alot left...."-)

Dont' rem your friends name ...but I do rem Brian's....he went to live in Great Falls....his name was Chortey...have no idea where that came from.....

Look out...Spences is a girl!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I remember you having a friend, but I can't think of the name.
Pam

Anonymous said...

I can't remember her name but I remember that she had her own spot in the grade book.

Theresa

gtfamilysa said...

I remember her name! It was Myrtle!! I can't remember how she died, though. I'm sure it was a catastrophe!

Anonymous said...

Wasn't it Myrtle and she got run over by a log truck? I am thinking of a song in my head about that! Those were great times. You even had Learner the Leach then. Mrs Mock never wanted Jr High kids again after us!
Jaime

thePiks said...

Nice job Vivian! And impressive Jaime that you not only remembered her name, but also the log truck incident! I feel like I should apologize to Theresa since we became friends 5 years after Mytrle and she knows about her.

Paul and Candice said...

I think that there's something wrong with my memory...I did remember Myrtle after I read Jaime's comment. I did remember that you had a friend, though! I love it that the boys have imaginary friends. I was hoping Max would hang around awhile, but he's already gone!