Friday, August 07, 2009

Missing Gems and Other Tidbits

We're loving the bunk beds, and I'm teaching Coleman how to make up his bunk. I still do Spence's. But the worst part is definitely washing the sheets. Those things are a booger to put back on. I would like to get them washed once a week, but I haven't gotten to that point yet. Yesterday I did get them washed, then while putting them back on I rammed my left hand into one of the boards. I quickly said "ouch" but didn't even look at my hand. A few hours later I was putting Spence down for his nap and saw something shiny on the floor. At first I thought it was a sequin and almost didn't pick it up. I decided I would get it off the floor though, and as I picked it up I saw that it was a diamond. I was trying to remember the last time I wore any dangly fake diamond earrings when I began to realize that this was a real diamond. I looked down at my ring and sure enough, the middle diamond was missing! I had not even realized it was gone until I found it lying on the floor in the boys' room. I was pretty freaked out, but not as freaked out as I would have been if I would have noticed it was gone and had no clue where it was. I've only had this ring since November. It's the three stone ring Brian gave me for our 10 year anniversary. Hopefully we can drop it off at the jeweler and get it fixed next week. I'll definitely check the prongs faithfully from now on (and maybe not wear it around the house while doing chores)!

Today Jennifer and her daughter EK came over for a play date. We had so much fun! EK is letting Allie borrow all her baby clothes and Jennifer took all my maternity clothes. What a fun switch! Oh Jennifer, ask S if you guys can have a dog. Nobody has ever loved Maestro like EK did today!

I'm looking forward to a fun weekend. Brian's boss is taking us to Taste of Texas tomorrow night. Allie's going with us, but the boys are staying with a sitter. I'm actually a little nervous to go out with adults who don't have small children. What will I have to contribute to the conversation? They probably won't be interested in the story about Coleman's poop that he thought looked like a dinosaur. (He yelled for Nana and me to come look at it, and wanted Daddy to see it so I had to take a picture. Aren't you glad I didn't post that picture? I have to retain some level of tastefulness.) Anyway, I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I promise I'm thinking about getting a birth announcement sent out for Allie. Really. It could be soon.

2 comments:

Rita said...

Oh my...I am so glad you found the diamond before you knew it was missing!!!! Who would ever look there?? WOW>>.

Yes, bunk beds (and our sleigh bed) are a bummer to make....

Looking forward to seeing the "picture"..."-)

Oh..you'll have fun....you can talk about whatever...they will enjoy your company!!!

Have a good weekend...love you all!!

Jennifer said...

No! No more dogs!!! Scott might want one, but I do not!
And what is it with kids and their poop? EmmyKate always wants us to come and see too!