Friday, April 02, 2010

Easter Egg Hunt and Good News!

A vision in mint green ruffles

Today was the First Colony Moms Playgroup Easter Egg Hunt. Going in to events like these, I never know how Coleman will react. It could be a jolly good time, or a disaster of gargantuan proportion. Last year's Easter Egg hunts at church and at the playgroup were riddled with tears and screaming. This year my friend Tanya and I took our boys on a practice egg hunt. I also had no grand expectations. I mean, if he doesn't like egg hunts, what's the big deal. I told him he could stay on the playground if he didn't want to do it. We almost had a major meltdown 5 minutes before we left the house when I tried to apply sunscreen to the boys' faces. The crisis was averted (when I calmly told him to get over it) and we went merrily on our way. I'm happy to report that the egg hunt was a success! And I have pictures to prove it!

Coleman, Matt, Spence, and their playgroup friends ready to find some eggs

Look at them run!

Spence with his dump truck full of eggs

Matt and Coleman showing off their loot

Even Allie got in on the action!

Is this the cutest picture or what?!?

Coleman says, "Egg hunts really can be fun! Who knew?"

And now for the good news! The company Brian worked for got some funding and asked him to come back and work contract for them. He doesn't know how long it will last, but his former boss told him they've got plenty for him to do until the money runs out. So this is a major praise! Please keep praying that God will provide the perfect job for Brian. We know it's out there, but apparently it's just not ready for us yet!

I played catch-up today on my blog, so keep scrolling down for more pictures!

3 comments:

Rita said...

Loved all the new blogs....good job, Mommy!!!

Yes. Coleman is growing up.....Spence is a hoot...and Allie is just plain darling....

We rejoice with the good news of work!!

Rhonda said...

We are so happy with you!!! The kids are just darling!
Woderful pic's Amanda!!!

Anonymous said...

Great news!
Great post!
Great pictures!
Glad Coleman had a good time!
T-4