Thursday, April 15, 2010

It's Happening...

My babies are growing up! And it's happening too fast! I knew it would, but there are some events that take place and I think, "How did this happen? When did my little boy become a big boy? How can he be ready for... for... Kindergarten!" Tuesday night we went to the school to register. There weren't many people there and the principal gave us a personal tour of the school. Coleman got to see the Kindergarten classrooms, music room, art room, computer lab, and cafeteria. While he was taking it all in, Spence seemed to be making his case to come to school next year too! He was singing the ABC's at the top of his lungs (which is actually his normal voice I must admit) and running around the colorful rug naming off all the colors correctly. I told the principal that I may try to sneak him in next year!

Coleman outside his Elementary School

At one point, Coleman said, "I don't want to go to school here." We told him if that was the case, he needed to start praying that Daddy would get a job somewhere else! I think I can still be a little bit in denial about him starting Kindergarten in a few months because I realize that we may not be living here then. But I do realize that wherever we live, they'll have a Kindergarten for him and he'll be going!

I could share all my emotions about this, but I don't want to get all teary-eyed. I'll just say I'm excited and sad and a few other emotions that I can't quite figure out.

So I'll move on to something silly. Check out this picture of Allie!

Are you wondering why Allie is sitting in a box?

So she doesn't tear apart her brothers' train tracks!

Oh how easy to keep her out of trouble. Just stick her in a box! And she played there happily for at least 5 minutes. It's a good thing her brothers love her though, because once she was out of that box, that bridge didn't last much longer!

3 comments:

Paul and Candice said...

Makes me tear up just thinking about him going to kindergarten! He's going to have so much fun! Allie in the Box is sooooo cute! They're in their seek and destroy phase right now:)

Rita said...

Well.....Coleman is most likely about as ready to start kindergarten as you are for him too.....but he will love it where ever it is...and you .....well....the first to go....is hard....I cried when Brian started.....until I realized he loved it....after a day or two...the first of many steps!!!

Allie looks so cute in the box....could just pretend its a choo choo train!!! ya...the caboose!!!

Anonymous said...

You are thinking about next year, and I'm trying to make it to the end of this year. haha

I wish he were here, and I could be his kindergarten teacher.

lots of love,
Pam