Friday, April 16, 2010

Jail Break!

One side of our living room opens up to the entry, where the stairs are, and the other side opens up to the study. When Allie plays in the living room, I block off the two exits. One can be blocked with the pack and play, but the other one is quite wide, so I have to line up several things to make a wall to keep her in. I usually use the ottoman, a toy box, and the ball wagon.

Yesterday, Allie was in the living room playing, and I was in the study. I looked up and she was sitting on top of the toy box! The little stinker had climbed my well thought-out, neatly constructed wall and was on her way to freedom! She just smiled at me and was so proud of herself. I love seeing her grow and accomplishing new things, but boy does it make my job harder!

This morning, with a new, higher wall constructed, she did not find a way out. And she probably was looking for one because two little firemen were trying to rescue her from the flames! They were so cute playing together though. Just another example of another one of my babies growing up too fast.

"I figured it out, Mom! You're going to have to get smarter!"

Posing with Spence

9 comments:

Rita said...

Aren't you just pooped every night??? LOL

Such fun they are having tho....love that pic of Spence and Allie....

Mrs. H said...

I love that picture of Spence and Allie loving on each other! Precious!

Daddy said...

The first couple of times I saw the bottom picture I thought it was Coleman. It was the third time that I realized that it was Spency. And I only noticed then b/c of his green muscle tee. They are really starting to look alike again.

Jeani said...

When I saw these pictures of Allie I thought they looked like Rhonda at that age. Big time.

Unknown said...

Brian....it's Spence's smile....is exactly like Colemans....

Anonymous said...

I was also going to say that she looks like Rhonda! Not that I was around when Rhonda was little but from the pictures I've seen, they sure look alike :0)

Great pictures by the way!! They are too cute!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Paul and Candice said...

Oh, thank goodness that Judson's not a climber yet...whew! I had to double take on that picture of Spence, too. They are looking alike! Allie is just cute...there's no two ways about it!

Unknown said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who lines up stuff in the living room. Our items of choice: the coffee table, playpen, and a couple of suitcases!