Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Magician's Code

This is just a silly little story from today. It may not be that interesting to most people, but I know I'll want to remember little things about the kids and what they did at different ages, so I like to write them down. Enjoy!

Today the kids and I were in the playroom and Spence brought me a broken Gobot to fix. Wait, what's a Gobot you ask? I think they were a rival of the Transformer back in the '80s. Brian had some as a boy and when he found them on Ebay, well, you know how that goes when he finds something on Ebay. Anyway, the Gobot was a spaceship with the nose broken off. I looked at it but realized it was not fixable. Spence started playing around with the broken nose piece and stuck it under my shirt. Being goofy, I said, "Abracadabra!", pulled it out of my shirt, and pretended to pull it from his ear. He looked at me and said, "How'd you do that?!?!" I repeated the "trick" a few more times, and he never caught on that I was just removing it from my shirt and placing it behind his ear. They say the hand is quicker than the eye. Well, my hand is slow, but apparently not as slow as a 3 year old's eye! I said, "Hey, maybe I should take my magic act to birthday parties. For 3 year olds and under, of course." To which Coleman replied, "No! We'd miss you!" So no new career for me. Seems I'm needed here.

After I did the trick a few times, I asked, "Do you think I can make it appear behind Allie's ear?" Spence couldn't wait to see! So my magic streak continued and it appeared behind Allie's ear. Still in awe, Spence wanted to try the trick. I think he nearly pulled Allie's ears off trying to see if the Gobot piece was there. He did not, however, master the trick. He kept asking me how I did it, but each time I replied, "A magician never tells!" Maybe tomorrow, if he's a really good boy, I'll let him in on the secret. But for now, I'm just enjoying that my little boy thinks I'm the most amazing magician around!

2 comments:

Paul and Candice said...

That is HILARIOUS! I was laughing so hard because I can just picture it all going down!

Rita said...

It' s a wonderful feeling that for a time you are so full of magic ...and they don't want your new career is so sweet....Just wait till one of them wants to marry you....or Allie to Brian....it will melt your heart...