Monday, June 28, 2010

Warning: Only Read In Case of Severe Boredom

My camera is full of really cute pictures. At least on that tiny screen they look cute. I'm still having to ask Brian to upload them to his laptop and then use a thumb drive to transfer them to our computer. Eventually the cable (or whatever we ordered) will arrive and I can upload them myself again! (I'm so tech savvy, I know. I just want to push a button or plug in a cord and have it work.) So it's one of those days with no pictures, but I want you all to know I'm still here! Here are some semi-interesting things going on:

This morning a friend called and said, "Crazy idea... Let's go to Ikea today!" They have a supervised play area where you can leave the kids for free for one hour. So our boys played and we strolled Allie around and shopped. What an awesome outing! Maybe I'll have some pictures of my little finds eventually.

I just screamed when I opened my laundry room door to drop another pile of dirty clothes in there. I better get started or I'll be doing laundry until 2 am! How does it pile up so high in two days?

The best smell is wafting through my house today. I'm making Beef Au Coke in the crock pot. Sounds all elegant and stuff, yeah. But it's really good and so simple:

4 1/2 lb beef roast
1 can of coke
1 cup of ketchup
1 pkg onion soup mix
Cook on low for 6 hours.

Since I always buy a smaller roast, I just half everything. Yummy!

And there was more excitement in our neighborhood last night. I was about to take Allie up and saw flashing lights outside. There were 3 police SUVs, a ladder firetruck, an ambulance, and an EMS truck. They took someone two houses down out on a stretcher. I know an elderly couple lives there, so we said a prayer for them. Several of our neighbors were out to see what was going on, so we chatted with them for awhile. I may need to figure out how to be neighborly and kind without coming across as nosy!

Well, may your Monday be wonderful, and I hope your pile of laundry isn't as high as mine!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

News is nice even without pictures.
The pictures make it special because the children grow so fast.
The laundry.... oh just shut the door... until tomorrow.
Wouldn't it be nice to have someone come in just to do laundry
We should pray about that someone must need a job.
T-4

Rita said...

Yes....laundry and cleaning 2 times a week....and of course, a couple of meals made while they are doing the laundry.... One time I told Gale...I need a wife....ha