Monday, September 20, 2010

Beavers Don't Make Good Passengers

It can be a long wait in the car to pick up Coleman from school, so I usually bring a snack for Spence and Allie. The other day we had been playing at the mall and I got them Auntie Anne's cinnamon sugar pretzels. Big mistake. My car looked like the Cinnamon Sugar Fairy had sprinkled her dust all over. I vowed to have no more cinnamon sugar pretzels in my car. (That may be a hard vow to keep. Those are some darn good pretzels.) Today I put Ritz crackers in a bowl for each of them. Harmless, I thought. When Coleman got in the car he commented on the crumbs all over Spence's seat and the floor. Looking back, I said, "Spence! How did that many crumbs get all over the place?" And he said, "I was being a beaver." No more fretting over the massive amount of crumbs. No more fussing at him. That was just too funny! However, I politely asked him not to be a beaver in the car anymore.

And if you want to continue the laugh, be sure to check out the post below from my guest blogger today!

1 comment:

Rita said...

I am trying to think of a good snack food that produces no crumbs...

Cut up apples???

A beaver....good one Spence..!!