Friday, September 24, 2010

Conversations With Spence

I'm sure most conversations with 3 year olds fall into one of the following categories:
  • frustrating beyond belief
  • hilarious
  • doesn't make a lick of sense
I have my share of each every day. Here are two recent ones that made me laugh:

Yesterday I was drinking a glass of filtered water and noticed that there were some things that didn't get filtered. Or maybe my glass wasn't as clean as I would have liked. Anyway, a few things were floating around with my ice. So this morning I poured a glass of water and then, remembering yesterday's floaties, held the glass up to get a good look. Spence saw me and was confused.

Spence: Why are you doing that?
Mommy: I was checking to see if there was anything in my water.
Spence: (pausing to think about this) Like fish?

On the way to pick up Coleman today we were behind a day care bus.

Spence: I think that bus is going to Coleman's school.
Mommy: I bet you're right. It's a day care bus that picks up kids from Coleman's school whose Mommies and Daddies are at work.
Spence: Can little girls ride on it?
Mommy: Yes.
Spence: Can little boys ride on it?
Mommy: Yes.
Spence: Can giants ride on it?
Mommy: Um, no.
Spence: Well what if the giant's Mommy is at work and the giant's Daddy is at work? How will the giant get to day care?
Mommy: That's a good point Spence!

That's my Spence! Opening my eyes to new possibilities every day! And in case you're keeping score, I get 3 points today for 3 posts. Making up for being such a slacker!

3 comments:

Rita said...

He's a thinker!!!

Kristen said...

I'm not sure if Jennifer told you about the Pillow Pet - but this is "Kicken" the one who caved and bought it, so I wanted to fill you in. We bought it at Toys R Us on Bunker Hill. It was $19.99 and they had bees, unicorns & dogs. It is pretty cool -- it's a pillow & then it has this little velcro piece that when you velcro it, it makes it into a pet! It's a pillow & a pet (can't tell you how many times I heard that after we got it for EK)! It did have a little, "as seen on TV" sticker on it, so I'm sure you can order them online - and they might have more variety. Anyway.. hope that helps! - Kicken aka Kristen

Rhonda said...

3 posts! and all of them are great!
It's wonderful to hear about your life and thoughts...