Monday, December 13, 2010

Experimenting With Similes


Spence is starting to use similes to help describe things. I don't think he quite gets it, but that makes for some funny statements! As we were walking into Double Dave's Friday night, he said, "I'm as hungry as somebody!" And this morning as he was waiting for his oatmeal to cool off he remarked, "It's as hot as a lion's teeth!" Brian said that when they were getting in the car this weekend, Spence told him, "I'm as cold as a polar bear!" Brian tried to explain that polar bears weren't cold because they had lots of fur to keep them warm. So Spence adjusted his statement and said, "I'm as cold as a polar bear with no fur!" Yay! He's starting to get it! But then he told me he wanted a drink with no fur. Oh well. He sure is funny!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

That is too funny! When we got married, Scott's sister came in from Hawaii and we got married in January, so it was really cold. A few weeks later his sister was back in Hawaii with her kids and her youngest son was freezing in a restaurant and he said "Man, it's as cold as Houston in here!" It still cracks me up because those words usually don't go together!

Rita said...

They are all words to make me giggle!!