Saturday, December 18, 2010

My Excuse for Late Christmas Cards!

Wow! This week flew by! Coleman is now out of school for Christmas vacation, Spence performed in his first ever Christmas program, and I still have not mailed out my Christmas cards! I spent one hour and six minutes on the phone with Wal-Mart customer service yesterday trying to get my order straightened out. I placed the order Tuesday and the pictures were supposed to arrive between Wednesday and Friday. They did not. I would have just canceled the order, but I had already printed out the cards with our Christmas letter, and I needed those 5x7 photos to go on the front. Luckily, I spoke with a very nice representative who was eventually able to get it all taken care of. You rock Allen! So our cards are now all ready to go and will be heading out Monday!

Yesterday was Brian's birthday! The kids drew some pictures that we put in a desk organizer/frame and I made a "dad" picture board for him to hang in his office. I had a cute little song planned for the boys to sing, but when trying to rehearse it we didn't get very far. Coleman was in some kind of mood that I thought was only reserved for teenagers, and Spence was feeling bad. Maybe, just maybe, I can get them excited about learning and performing it soon! Daddy and Spence chose to have dinner at Double Dave's. That may or may not have been the third time I had eaten there in a week. I will neither admit nor deny it.

Today is our 12th anniversary! Brian had to run some errands yesterday and came home with a bouquet of roses for me. So sweet! The lady at the floral department asked him who the flowers were for and he said, "My wife. Tomorrow is our 12th anniversary." She replied, "Wow! 12 years! You don't hear that very often!" What a sad statement!

This week I'm looking forward to spending some time with the kids, visiting my parents, then getting ready for Rita and Gale's visit right after Christmas! Have a wonderful week!

3 comments:

Rita said...

Yes..you are busy....Happy Anniversary!!! Love you both!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on all the celebrations for your family. We just celebrated our 32 years anniversary on the 14th, over half our lives - but mostly good years together.
Merry Christmas to your beautiful family.

Pam

Jeani said...

My excuse for no presents, cards, goodies, etc is 3 hospital visits in the last month. This year I am really focusing on the real meaning of Christmas. Peace & love to all.