Thursday, December 23, 2010

Make Me Laugh, Please

Spence has been so whiny lately. I think it's a combination of not feeling great and being tired. We're working really hard on not being whiny and using manners like saying "please" and "thank you." Today I started a new method to try and get him to remember his manners. Every time he asks for something and whines or doesn't say "please" I set the timer for 5 minutes. When the timer buzzes he can ask again, this time using his nice voice and manners. We'll see how that works!

Last night was one of those nights I had "had it up to here" and was counting down the minutes until time to meet some friends at Starbucks! It was great to get out of the house for a few hours. I was refreshed for another day! And with a new day comes new funny sayings. Here are a few from today.

We dropped Maestro off at Petco to get a little doggie treatment. We were walking around looking at the animals.
Spence: Look at that clock in the parakeet's cage!
Mommy: That's not a clock. It's a thermometer.
Coleman: I didn't know parakeets could tell time.

Then we came home and I started a Netflix cartoon for the kids.
Mommy: We may have to restart the computer. I think it froze up.
Coleman: (blowing on the screen) There. I blew some hot air on it. It's unfroze!

I love the way they keep me laughing! It really helps balance out all the moments that I want to pull my quickly graying hair out!

2 comments:

Rita said...

I have heard of times like these when all the children come down with chicken pox!!! Just before a holiday or vacation!! :-)

Jennifer said...

I am with you on the whining, I can't stand it any longer. I told EmmyKate the other night if she whined one more time I was going to put something yucky in her mouth (vinegar). I finally had to do it and it stopped the whining for a whole 30 minutes. Maybe we need to have another girls' night out soon?!!!