Monday, May 26, 2008

Fun In Montana

We are having an amazing time here in Montana with Grandpa and Grandma. Coleman sleeps in a closet and plays in a basement, but it doesn't bother him! Maybe I should explain. Grandpa's closet is more like a nook off to the side of their bedroom. It's the size of a small bedroom, so they put a mattress on the floor for Coleman. Their basement is just like another room, complete with a fireplace, big screen TV, and leather sofas. Oh, and all of Daddy and Uncle Brent's old toys. What a treat! So the closet and the basement are good. No need to send help.

Last night Grandma was rubbing Coleman's back after story time. Then she asked him if he liked his back rubbed or scratched. He said scratched. She told him that when Daddy was a baby he liked his back scratched too. Coleman asked, "Where is he?" Grandma wasn't sure what he meant. "Where is who?" she asked. "The Daddy baby?" Coleman asked. She tried to explain that Grandpa, Grandma, Nana, Poppa, Mommy, and Daddy were all babies at one time, then they were little boys and girls, then they grew up. He still wanted to know where all the babies were now. It's so funny how his little mind works!

Today we went sledding! We had to drive up into the mountains to find snow, but we found it! Coleman loved it, Spence did not. Maybe the fact that he had a pink polka dot sweater tied around his head to cover his ears made him a little self-conscience. No matter the time of year, I suppose I should always pack sweaters and caps for the boys. I have pictures I'll post later. And I'm sure there are more stories to share later too. But for now I'm going to go join my family. I hope you all have had a good Memorial Day. I am thankful for all the men and women who have given their lives for our freedom. And I pray for their families and thank them for their sacrifice also.

1 comment:

Rita said...

We love you Amanda....and Coleman and Spence!!! We had an most wonderful time with you here....THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your boys are truly amazing and such a blessing!!