Friday, May 02, 2008

Ladies' Banquet

Sorry men, this post may bore you. Last night was all about the ladies! Our church gym was transformed into a lovely banquet hall and the men of the church waited on us! They did an awesome job! The men from our Sunday School class didn't have to serve since they were the designated babysitters! Brian even volunteered to keep our pastor's two kids along with Coleman and Spence. What a brave soul! He did an excellent job, and the kids had a blast. Thank you sweetheart. The speaker was a wonderful Christian comedian named Jinny Henson who grew up in our church. Thanks to her, I now know that Brian's inability to place an order in the drive-thru at McDonald's is totally normal. Men can't order without an interpreter who speaks nugget! Here is how my table turned out:


Welcome to my tropical getaway!

Here you can see the lights. Next time I'll just go with candles. That way I won't have to cut a hole in my tablecloth to hide the cord and run extension cords covered with duct tape to the nearest outlet!


The ladies at my table chatting before the meal

Notice the wrinkles in the tablecloth? This was my second tablecloth. I put the first one in the dryer to have the wrinkles fall out, but I FORGOT ABOUT IT!!! In case you were wondering, 10 minutes is too long to leave a plastic tablecloth in the dryer.

There were about 28 tables in all. I took some pictures of my favorites and want to share them with you. Mom, I thought you might especially like to see these since you've had similar events at your church. It's always great to get new ideas!

Sue, one of our Sunday School class directors, had her table next to mine. She did a picnic theme complete with little plastic ants.

This next table was called Four Seasons. I had to take two pictures to show it all.

Fall and Winter

Spring and Summer

Hollywood Table

Quilter's Table

London Table

Circus Table

Orient Express Table

These last three were very elegant tables. I'm not sure I could have pulled these off!




2 comments:

Rita said...

Just lovely..

Looks and sounds like alot of fun...tables were fun to see...Your was beautiful...

I know what you mean...for years and years I kept thinking things about Gale...like this is weird or what is the matter with him?? then realized it's not just Gale....it's a guy thing....I love ya tho, Brian! Good job watching the kids!!!

Anonymous said...

Your table was beautiful and you were a great host. Thank you for hosting for the evening. I enjoyed getting to meet you and others that Jennifer goes to church with.

Lanell (Jennifer's Mom)