Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Watch It Coleman!

Spence did something new today: told on his brother! He was crying and said, "Hit... Spence." So Coleman has to be careful now because Spence can tattle. Things are about to get more interesting around here.

I've felt kind of guilty because I've been changing up the boys' routine. They started a new school and are going on different days than they're used to, and today we went to a new church for Bible study. I know it's not that big of a deal, but I just hated to throw so many changes at them at once. They've handled it well so far! Luckily, they were happy to see me when I picked them up yesterday. Coleman told me all about his day: he went to music and sang a song about a monkey and a crocodile, played on the new playground, had cheese balls for snack (and he doesn't like them), made a new friend - the boy with the yellow shirt - because he's nice, played with playdough (though he's not sure what he made), and he's still shy around his teachers. Spence didn't elaborate quite as much. When I asked what he did at school he said, "Play." As for the new Bible study church, they were excited to get to their classes this morning. When I went to pick them up Coleman was NOT ready to leave. He displayed some inappropriate behavior. Luckily, the Bible study I'm taking is called Wisdom for Mothers from Motherwise. I am so excited about this study! I can hardly wait to get started.

Today I was reading Coleman a book about Mama and baby animals. The first page showed a polar bear and its Mama. Coleman said, "Where's the Daddy Bear?" I told him the book was just about the Mommies. He said, "Maybe the Daddy's at a meeting." He's funny, but he's smart too. Today he said, "Come look at my reflection in the window." We looked at it, then he told me, "It's mean."

Coleman and Spence after their first day of school

At the park today

Coleman helping Spence up

This duck family came to the playground looking for food

What sweet baby ducks!


4 comments:

Rita said...

Sweet ducks and sweet boys!! EVen tho Coleman felt like he looked mean...does he even know what that means...maybe he was mad?? Glad they had a good time...

Mrs. H said...

You have sweet boys!

Anonymous said...

The boys are getting so big!
It's nice they can go to school play, and meet new friends. It gives you a nice break and lets them enjoy playing with others.
Your parks are so nice and clean!
Beautiful playground equipment!
Enjoy the bible study!
T-4

Anonymous said...

routine is such a beautiful thing isn't it?
spence is talking?! how exciting!!!