Thursday, April 02, 2009

Cooking and Peas (or Peace)

Yes, I still cook. Sometimes. We've just had several things going on where I either couldn't get motivated to cook, or post a menu, or even get to the grocery store! Well, I've been to the grocery store twice this week, so no excuses! Here's our menu:

Thursday: left over chicken enchiladas
Friday: Catalina Taco Salad
Saturday: eat out
Sunday: pancakes and bacon
Monday: Pork chops, baked potatoes
Tuesday: Philly wraps, potatoes
Wednesday: Spaghetti, salad, bread
Thursday: Mexican chicken, rice

So glad I found the pork chop recipe on your blog Jennifer. They sound yummy! I did not get my chops from HEB though, so I'm afraid it won't be a $5 dinner.

**************

I just heard Coleman singing "I've Got Peace Like a River." He said he learned it at school. He sounds so sweet! His version is a little different:

I've got peas like the river. I've got peas like the river. I've got peas like the river in my soul.

How sweet!

1 comment:

Rita said...

Menu sounds good....wish I could go for more than a couple days at a time...It is easier....

My boys and I assume yours will have nothing to do with peas in their mouths so maybe in their souls is better tasting anyway..how sweet...