Thursday, April 02, 2009

Chugging Along

Several months back Brian ordered some additions for the boys' toy train set. We were kind of hoping to put together a board in the playroom that could be lowered from the ceiling whenever they wanted to play with it. But because they got so many other presents for Christmas and also due to a lack of time, we decided to wait on that project. Now I'm glad we did because if we have a girl, we're going to make the playroom her nursery. So procrastination is not always a bad thing! Anyway, yesterday the boys wanted to build a train track and they seemed really into it. Usually it's torn up within the first few minutes, but they were having such a good time. I decided to get the extra box of tracks Brian had ordered and set it up. We were able to cover almost the entire floor in the study! It stayed together from 4 o'clock until Brian got home! I was shocked. And then I was in pain. Apparently getting down on the floor, playing, and crawling around causes some stress on what I am only assuming is the sciatic nerve. It's better today, but I don't think I'm going to be able to keep picking up Spence. His cries of, "Carry you Mommy!" will have to go unanswered, and that breaks my heart. He's so sweet. Oh how his world is about to be rocked...

Here are some pictures of our awesome train set-up!



Even the baby got in on the action!

2 comments:

Paul and Candice said...

Paul David said, "I wanna go to Spence's house!" when I showed him these pictures! We'll have to come and play trains soon!

Rita said...

Looks like fun....

You need to take care....Yes Spence will soon be a big sibling....