Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Happy Birthday to My Friend!

Happy birthday to Candice, my oldest friend! Now, that didn't quite come out like I intended. Candice is not my oldest friend in age, but in the number of years we have been friends. Candice and I met in Mrs. Joyce's first grade class in 1982. I still remember going home one day and telling my mom, "I got to sit by Candice at lunch today!" I thought she was the coolest, and actually, I still do! So Candice, I've written a little something for you here and hidden 11 words or phrases that should conjure up memories of our friendship. I hope you find them all!!!

Candice, you know I'm not a huge vocalizer of my feelings, and that I don't really have a good memory, but let me share some of my thoughts about our friendship. You are one of the friendliest people I know. You've never used people. You would give the woven pancho off your back. You are a wonderful friend, but you can be crazier than a speedo! I wouldn't trade our friendship for anything, not even a little rock from the far side of the moon. Especially now that we're grown up and our lives are like a zoo sometimes! I know that even if the moon turns into paper or the only restaurant left is IHOP, you'll still be my friend! And that makes me happier than a Kramer t-shirt!

3 comments:

Paul and Candice said...

You just made my cry and laugh!!! You are SO SWEET! I am so,so blessed to have you in my life and share so many wonderful memories with! So, I think I found them all...

Vocalizer (Hot Talk for Anyone who Cares!)

Good Memory (Ha...me either anymore)

Friendliest (voted Senior year?)

Used People (HA)

Pancho (made me laugh so hard!!!)

Speedo (AHHHH!)

Little Rock (Good Times)

Zoo (More Good Times with some awesome little people!)

Moon Turns into Paper (Mrs. Mock's project???)

IHOP (oh, yeah, we conquered San Antonio)

Kramer t-shirt (Do you still have yours???)

You're so creative and awesome, and I know that I'm the person I am today because of having such an amazing friend to grow up and dress the same as:) God is so sweet to let us share these precious years close together and spend so much time together! Love you bunches, my friend!!!!

Mrs. H said...

You two are so stinkin cute! I wish had of been in your class in 1982 :) Very very cute idea Amanda!

thePiks said...

Yay Candice! You missed one of the really inconspicuous ones (The Far Side since we used those cartoons in our paper), but found another one that I didn't even realize - the friendliest. That goes back to that memory thing! The moon one was hard to word - so if I say "Paper Moon" I know you'll get it! Happy birthday!