Monday, October 18, 2010

Thought for Today

The prescription for worry is trust.
Beth Moore

Oh how I pray to fill this prescription daily! We have so much going on in our lives, so many people we care about, and it is so easy to worry. At least for me, it is a constant battle. Will they be safe when out of my sight? Will I guide them correctly? Will the test results be good? Will I get it all done? Will I know what to say to that person? But worry does no good. So why do I waste all my efforts on it? I just want to tell myself to stop it! And so does God.

Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Luke 12:22-25

May we each see our true value to God today and turn our worry into trust.

No comments: