Monday, October 18, 2010

Women of Joy Conference

October 8-10 I met Theresa and her friend Robin in San Antonio for the Women of Joy conference. It was a wonderful weekend! This was my first time to be away from Allie overnight, but she did great with Brian and my mom. Thanks for letting me get away for the weekend! It was much needed.

The hall at the Henry B. Gonzales Convention Center (I think there were about 4000 women there)

Friday night started with Sarah Palin. I really enjoyed hearing her speak. She is a very interesting woman who loves the Lord and feels called to serve her country. I'm sure Theresa could tell you much more about her, so maybe she'll blog about it (hint, hint)!

We were about 4 rows back and over to the side. Some women in front of me were standing on their chairs getting pictures, so this was the best I could get!

Another good picture

Our hotel room was amazing! It was right across from the convention center and on the River Walk, so we never had to drive anywhere.

Saturday during free time we went to the Alamo

Sunday our speaker was Priscilla Shirer. She was amazing! I might have to do another one of her studies soon!

Our group: me, Theresa (and baby), and Robin

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Would love to hear Sara Palin!!!!!
So happy for you to have gotten away with other women!