Wednesday, August 08, 2007

The Games We Play

Spence is now 9 months old! This a really fun age where he enjoys playing many different games. Here are a few of his favorites:
  • Throw the Toy Down and See How Many Times Mommy Will Pick It Up
  • Capture the Spider and Try To Get It To My Mouth Before I Get Caught
  • Chew the Foam ABC Puzzle Pieces and See How Loud My Brother Screams
  • Dump the Basket of Recently Picked Up Cars
  • Dump the Wagon of Recently Picked Up Balls
  • Dump the Bucket of Recently Picked Up Happy Meal Toys
  • Dump the Whatever
And I see it in his eyes - soon he will want to play "How Many Stairs Can I Crawl Up Before Mommy Catches Me."

Coleman is very into imaginative play now. He and Nana went to the moon this morning! (His construction hard hat doubles as his astronaut helmet.) He also likes to pretend that he is Uncle Brent, Spence is Andrea, Daddy is Grandpa, and Mommy is Grandma. Puzzles are popular now too, and one of his favorites is the foam ABC puzzle with Spence's teethmarks.

While I'm talking about playing and games, I have to tell on Brian and myself. We're hooked on playing a game called Jawbreaker (similar to this) that's on Brian's new pocket pc. It reminds me a little of Tetris, which I LOVE! If you see him with a black eye, it's because I was trying to take it away from him. If you see me with a black eye, it's because I brought down the average score.

Here are a few pictures of the little ones!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adorable Adorable BOYS !
Every day is a new adventure!
Thanks for sharing the stories and pictures!

Sherrie said...

Sounds like you guys are having lots of fun. I like that game Jawbreakers. Another good one that's like Tetris is Bejeweled.
You guys have a fun day.

Anonymous said...

What sweeties....Playing he is Uncle Brent....maybe practing for the wedding??? So cute....