Saturday, August 11, 2007

"My Diaper Comed Off!"

I'll admit, sometimes if things are hectic in the afternoons I'll forget to change Coleman's diaper. He's really good about telling me when he needs a new one, so if there's no obvious smell and he doesn't say anything, it can slip my mind. Today I learned that a diaper left unchanged may take matters into its own hands. Coleman was running around chasing Maestro when his heavily soaked diaper just fell out of his shorts. I have never seen that happen. His shorts were completely on, and his diaper fell completely off, through one of the legs of his shorts. Before today, I would have guessed that probably couldn't happen.

We finally found a suit for Spence to wear to Brent and Andrea's wedding. There just aren't many choices for dressy boy's clothing out there, unless you go to Sharpstown Mall (which is in shooting distance - literally- from our old house)! For those of you who aren't familiar with Houston, Sharpstown Mall is "Houston's premier urban shopping mall." Let's just say the Piks stuck out like a sore thumb.

After reading this post, you may have second thoughts about my parenting skills. I assure you that the boys are safely tucked into their beds and wearing clean diapers. Please don't call CPS.

3 comments:

Sherrie said...

Oh I remember the days of the diapers. I must say I don't miss them what so ever.
I think to find boys something to wear is a challenge. They just don't have the varity that girls do. All you have to do is find a nice dress for girls. And it's not that expensive to find one either. But boys it's hard to find good deals and something nice to boot.

Anonymous said...

I seriously love you Amanda....You make me laugh and I love hearing the stories of your everyday life...Glad someone in Houston dresses little boys up!!!!!!

Jeani said...

It won't be long before he just takes them off himself. HA!!!