Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Smell My Foot, Mommy

How a 2 year old plays dress up


What an adventurous day! Coleman found a headband in my bathroom that magically became his helicopter pilot headphones. Then we got in our helicopter and flew to the mall. First we had to go to Jason and Penny's (JC Penney) so I could look at shoes. Then we were off to the toddler play area. Coleman was king of the big cupcake and Spence crawled all over the place. I learned something new about helicopter pilots. They are big fit-throwers. It's true. When it was time to go, my little pilot pitched a big one! Apparently we couldn't go home because an excavator tore up our house. I think that's kind of like the reason he gives when he doesn't want to go to the gym. The gym is a dirty, messy, muddy place.

You know there's usually a bribe to get Coleman to eat his sandwich at lunch. Normally it's something like, "Eat your sandwich and you can have a cookie," or "Eat your sandwich and then you can watch Bob the Builder." Today what worked was, "If you eat your sandwich I'll smell your foot." Hey, whatever works, don't ask.

By the way, Thomas is out, Bob the Builder is in. We taped an episode Sunday morning and he's watched it every day since. Yes, I said taped. We are stuck in the last century. We do not have Tivo. I don't even know if that's how Tivo is spelled. We have 5 Bob the Builder books checked out from the library. Can we read them? Yes we can! If you don't get that, you've never watched or read Bob the Builder. It's ok.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are simple things, but memories to treasure. Tx. Mom

Anonymous said...

Oh what fun to have such imaginations...the boys look so big and happy too....I cannot wait to see them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Montana Gram